Malaysia: An Introduction
Malaysia is a country of Southeast Asia made of two geographical regions. One is Peninsular Malaysia or West Malaysia, located in the Malay Peninsula borders, whereas East Malaysia or Malaysian Borneo is located on the northern part of the island of Borneo. Its combined area is 329, 847 km2 and it experiences heavy rainfall, humidity and possesses a higher temperature. The major languages spoken here are Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin Chinese, Malay, and English.
Types Of Scholarships Offered In Malaysia
You can apply scholarship in Malaysia with government agencies, other educational institutions, and higher private educational institutes. A few types of scholarships that EduQuest Education Services can help you get are:
- Government Scholarship: The Ministry of Education in Malaysia offers scholarships to international students to enroll in the Master’s Program. The duration of the scholarship is 12 to 24 months and is accepted by many universities. You need to fill scholarship application Malaysia, and have a minimum second class upper Honors degree or have 3.0 of minimum CGPA at the Undergraduate level.
- Malaysia Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan: It is available for students from Commonwealth countries who want to study Ph.D. and Master’s courses in Malaysian universities. For Master’s, the duration is 12 to 24 months, and for Ph.D., it is three years.
- Malaysian International Scholarship: This scholarship is for Master’s and Doctorate courses. This scholarship covers your air ticket, monthly allowance, tuition fee, bookings, internal travels, thesis allowance, medical insurance, and journal publication grants.
Eligibility For Getting Scholarship
Before you apply scholarship in Malaysia, you have to fulfill the country’s eligibility criteria.
- You must have scored 6.0 in IELTS or a total of 500 as a score in TOEFL to show proof of English language proficiency.
- You have to enroll yourself in the full-time study program.
- The student’s age must be less than 45 years old.
- Financial information of parents or guardians.
- A letter of recommendation, personal essay or statement, and certificate of participation in extracurricular activities.
- Proof of eligibility for the type of scholarship you are availing of.
Cost Of Living In Malaysia For Students
If you are going to study and stay in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, the cost of living for international students is quite affordable. Your budget may touch an overall of slightly over US$400. The expenses may include: Food, accommodation, housekeeping, transportation and reading materials expenses. Other personal and medical insurance expenses may apply depending on how you choose to live in the country. If you have submitted a scholarship application Malaysia, you may expect good coverage from the Malaysian Government for your expenses.
How To Apply For Scholarship
- You must research the types of scholarships provided in the country and start reading its eligibility criteria. We can also help you in getting the right scholarship for your course.
- Do complete your English proficiency tests before you apply for an international student’s scholarship in the country.
- There is a deadline for every type of scholarship. So, it is better to submit the requisite scholarship at that time.
- You must keep your personal details, achievements, qualification criteria, etc., files ready before applying for the scholarship. It is necessary to plan and organize according to the country’s criteria.