Basic Details Of Singapore
Singapore is the city-state located at the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, and it has a diamond-shaped Singapore Island and consists of 63 other small islets. The estimated area of this ASEAN country is 718 km2 and is one of the smallest states based in Southeast Asia. The country has a higher temperature and is characterized by precipitation all year round. The official languages of Singapore are English, Mandarin Chinese, Malay and Tamil. The exchange rate for 1 SGD (Singapore Dollar) is 3.10 Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
Scholarships Offered In Singapore
The Singapore university scholarship for Malaysian students offered is known as the ASEAN scholarship. It is provided for Secondary 1, Secondary 3, and Pre-University 1 levels to study in secondary schools and junior colleges. The EduQuest Education Services can help you with clinching the right scholarship out of the following:
- Secondary 1: Students 12 or 13 years of age can apply for this scholarship, and they must be in Standard 6 and Form-1. The duration of this scholarship is 6 years.
- Secondary 2: This scholarship is for Form 2 and Form 3 Malaysian students. This scholarship for Malaysian to study in Singapore is offered for 14 and 15-year-olds. Its duration is 4 years.
- Pre-University 1: The scholarship is for students studying in Form-5 and who have taken the GCE-O Level or SPM level exams. You can apply for this scholarship when you get 17-years-old. The duration of this scholarship is 2 years.
Eligibility For Getting Scholarship
The Malaysian nationals have to fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be good scorers in school examinations consistently
- Proficiency in English speaking and writing
- Must have participated in the co-curricular activities
Things Covered Under These Scholarships
- The scholarship for Malaysian to study in Singapore covers their school, hostel, and examination fees. The examination fees covered will be for O Level and IB or A-Level.
- Economy class flight tickets to and from the country and back to your hometown.
- Settling-in allowance for students of the stated age groups
- Medical benefits and accidental insurance cover
- There are no bonds on these scholarships, and every year the MOE meets with the JC2 scholars to help them know about the ASEAN Undergraduate scholarship program.
Benefits Of Getting These Scholarships
- Coverage of your academic and hostel fees
- You get airfare and relocation allowances
- Health insurance and subsidized medical benefits to students at all levels
- Even an allowance of more than S$2,000 is provided to Secondary and JC level students
How To Apply For The Scholarship
Singapore university scholarship for Malaysian is provided to only those Malaysian students who fulfill the eligibility criteria and are of a certain age. Here’s how you can apply for the same:
- You must never miss deadlines. So, appear for the selection test and interview on the stated dates by the Singapore government. You will get intimation one week in advance. Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates are called for selection tests and interviews.
- The successful candidates who will be awarded a scholarship will be notified through email.
- The tentative dates are provided beforehand for the Secondary 1 and Secondary 3 scholarship recipients to travel to Singapore.
- Different dates are provided to Pre-University 1 scholarship holders.